Use the following steps to mirror an AIX rootvg.
Make sure you have an empty disk, in this example its hdisk2
- Add the disk to the vg via "extendvg rootvg hdisk2
- Mirror the vg via: "mirrorvg rootvg"
- Adapt the bootlist to add the current disk, the system will then fail to boot into hdisk2 when hdisk0 fails during startup
- Type "bootlist -o -m normal"
- this will list currently 1 disk, in this exmaple hdisk0
- Type "bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk2"
- Run a bosboot on both new disks, this will install all software needed for boot on the disk
- bosboot -ad hdisk0
- bosboot -ad hdisk2
- Thats all you are done :)